Despite what all the retail stores are saying, Christmas is still far off. Halloween, however, is coming up quick! That means candy, scary movies, haunted houses, and wicked lawn decorations are abound, and everyone will soon be asking, “What will you be for Halloween?”
Most anyone you ask will have an idea what they want to be. Whether it’s homemade or store bought, thematic or modern, there is a costume for just about anybody! Yet while we may have our own costumes figured out, how many of us think about dressing up our cars?
With the rise of Trunk or Treating events the internet has amassed a fun collection of car costumes dressed for the holiday, and as car people, we have fun exploring anything to do with our favorite four-wheeled creations. So today we will share some of our favorite Halloween cars as well as their original sources, so hopefully you can find inspiration of your own this Halloween! (Sources will be at the end of the article.)
- If Utah is known for anything it is our rivalry between The University of Utah and Brigham Young University teams. Even if you don’t have a side, there is likely some kind of team you root for! This Boston Red Sox car costumes theme can help give you ideas for your own car.
- Only the daring will reach for candy in your car if it bears fangs like this one! Bonus if you can find someone to hide inside to grab at people reaching for candy, adding to the terror. (Just don’t forget to let them back out!)
- Ever thought about dressing up your car as… well, a car? Thanks to Disney that’s possible!
- Can’t contain your Halloween excitement? This car costume can help! Jokes aside we love the simplistic yet clever nature of this idea.
- Who says only the trunk can be used? This creative person used their whole car as a prop! We love the smoke machine the best (at least, we hope it’s a smoke machine).
- If you have a hearse, why not use it? This clever grim reaper did and we love the spooky details they added!
- Even cars can be a movie star! Think of the Delorean from Back to the Future or any version of the Batmobile and you know what I’m talking about. Here is an example from GenCon 2012 that I found:
- Of course, not every four-wheeled vehicle is a car. Why not consider dressing up your wagon or stroller too? Take this adorable idea for example!
- We cannot forget about car-themed costumes for people too! Check out this clever group who paid homage to one of the best racing games in video game history:
- Not to brag, but our work vans are dressed up all year round! If you see our orange and black vans you can call the number to set up a car detail of your own, especially for whatever cleanup you may need after finding candy and costume pieces all over.
Do you have a favorite car-themed Halloween costume or idea? Share in the comments below, we would love to hear them!
by Miranda Hughes, Onsite Detail